Thursday, January 22, 2009

2nd Last Scribe of the SEMESTER.

Well, I'm the scribe today and I just got home a few hours ago. Busy busy. We're all getting ready for exam week next week and I'm sure we're all worrying especially for our physics exam. It should be no trouble if preparations are made.

You know what else I'm doing right now? I'm scribing...in 3D. That's right. I have them on. This is an experience. I can see the letters pop out of the screen. Just kidding. But hey. These look awesome compared to those blue and red ones made for that Spy Kids junk. Don't even get me started with Shark Boy/Lava Girl either. Don't you dare.

Before we got to the exam-cram, we corrected 1 - 6 on the worksheet called ELECTROMAGNETISM QUESTIONS. As long as you know your formulas and units, this part of the unit is easy. The main formula here is:

Magnitude of Magnetic Field = Force on wire divided by current in amps(A) x length of wire in meters
( B = FB/Il)

OF COURSE if it's asking for another value, just rearrange the formula and isolate the value the question is seeking. Basically, plug and chug.

ANSWERS [no vectors on the values because I can't do that here.or don't feel like finding the html codes for it]:

1. B = 0.4 T
2. FB = 2.3 N
3. B = 0.2 T
4. FB = 1.6 N
5. B = 0.13 T
6. B = 0.15 T

As for the rest of those questions on that sheet, we didn't go over them because we basically did another worksheet with similar questions.

Click here if you really want them again. Or for Matthew's abridged vers. here.

Then we went on with exam review which I think helps a lot. I've been doing some reading over the past units as well. Sure I'm not completely finished the review but I've done something. Even started typing out shorter notes and highlighting. So I think I'll be good.

I'm sure we'll probably go over some answers in the review tomorrow, right before the exam on Monday!

Hmmm. what else happened? I guess, people went on to their own little worlds after studying a bit. All I remember was having a conversation with Matthew and Ann about Home Alone and past experiences in the Eatons building before it became the MTS Centre. I really want tickets to SYTYCD Canada.. arghhh

Thinking of Eatons makes Matthew think of that soap opera The Young and the Restless and for me, well it makes me think of the time when I was stabbed in the eye by a kid with a plastic knife. It's quite funny looking back on it now, but I still have somewhat of a scar. LOL. I just usually say I got the scar from being in a war or something. Oh well . I'm going into tangents right now... so yeah. But hey.. what does EATONS remind you of?

I guess I'll get back to studying more physics and calculus. I'm pretty sure I'll do well on this exam and hopefully raise my mark. I don't understand though why I'm still getting this mark. I mean sure, I've had one or two bad tests but they weren't that bad. And I have handed in all my sheets. I'm sorry I'm being annoying, but this is bugging me. I just need a little justification here. I guess I'm just a persistent little bugger. I guess I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Now now.. since I wasn't the LAST LAST scribe, which I thought I was until I realized it was only THURSDAY, I shall pass on my scribing powers. To who.......????? uhh.... okay...WONDERBREAD, who has great announcing abilities.. I think it is you Daniel..right?

MAY THE FORCES OF PHYSICS BE WITH YOU.

PS...It would be cool if we had like... a PARTEH tmro.. like maybe a potluck thing or just a plain.. bring food thing. **cough I'm emphasizing FOOD **

No comments: