Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Cart Went BOOM~

Title inspired by that 'incident' that happened today. Don't worry PJ, we know it was Matthew's fault. Haha just kidding...

So, I forgot that I had to scribe yesterday, and I almost forgot about scribing today too! Sorry about that! I'll try to remember everything we did.

December 3, 2008

Believe it or not, I'm having trouble remembering. OH! Right, we did a lab! 

So the purpose of this lab was to get a better understanding of Newton's Second Law. 

Newton's second law of motion pertains to the behavior of objects for which all existing forces are not balanced. The second law states that the acceleration of an object depends upon two variables - the net force acting upon the object and the mass of the object. The acceleration of an object depends directly upon the net force acting upon the object, and inversely upon the mass of he object. As the force acting upon an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is increased. As the mass of an object is increased, the acceleration of the object is decreased. 

Now, I'm having trouble explaining the lab. It basically involved a cart, 3 different weights (100g, 50g, and 200g), string, washers, and this timing device (forgot what its called). Put that together and you have our lab! 

After that we had to record our information and create a graph. We had class time today to complete it, but if you didn't finish Ms. Kozoriz said it can be handed in tomorrow.  

I'm sorry this post was late and I apologize that it wasn't in full detail! It's just... hard for me to explain. D: 

No comments: