Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Quick Recap! (:

Okay so this blog has officially been forgotten...sadly...LOL! So I guess for now, since no one is really willing to do it at the moment, I'll try my best to update this blog. Here we go!

Monday November 10
Hmm....what did happen this day? We corrected a worksheet? Hmm....yea I think that's what happened. The unit of Nature of Light Part 2 was starting to come to a quick end.

Tuesday November 11
Honestly? I have no idea what we did. But we probably corrected some more questions? Ohh man my memory is horrible! Please forgive me. -_-"

~edit~
HAAH oh yea I forgot we had no school that day. Wow I overthought this....

Wednesday November 12
Okay I at least remember what happened this day. We reviewed everything we needed to know for the test for the next day.

Thursday November 13
We had the Nature of Light Part 2 test. Enough said. This unit is DONE!

Friday November 14
We corrected the tests? Yea I think that's what happened. Also I believe we started what is now the current unit: KINEMATICS. We had to read basically the entire white booklet she gaves us and we also had a couple practice worksheets and one worksheet to hand in. Gaah I feel so bad. I don't even know if the dates are correct.

Monday November 17
We did a lab with motion sensors (which was pretty amusing I thought). Basically, we had to recreate four distance-time (position-time) graphs that Ms.K put on the board and then we had to make up our own. We used these little graphing machines, which I forgot the name of, to do this. The Smart Board was also available. We also got some worksheets which consisted of two work booklets and a fill in the blank summary thing.

Tuesday November 18
We finished the lab from the previous day. We also had to label what we did to make each section of the graph. ex) If the line was straight, we stayed still in front of the motion sensor and if the line went up, we moved away from the sensor. We also had to make velocity-time graphs to complement the position-time graphs we made previously. For the rest of the class, we worked on the worksheets from yesterday. The only one that we have to hand from that bunch is one of the booklets. I forgot what it's called (3.8?) but the first page has a graph and it's about a boy and his toy truck? Yeah it's about a boy and the motion of his toy truck. We have to hand that in on Thursday.

Wednesday November 19
Today Ms. Kozoriz wasn't here today so Ms. Karras came in her place. Today we went over the fill-in-the-blank summary type worksheet we got previously. Because I have nothing else do to (after I am here updating this, what else can I be doing at the moment?) I'll post the answers here in order:

Position and Distance
1. position
2. frame of
3. frame of
4. length
5. scalar
6. size/magnitude/distance
7. direction
8 vector

Average Velocity
1. instantaneous
2. position
3. vector
4. displacement
5. time
6. v(with arrow on top)="delta d" (w/arrow on top) over "delta t"
7. (triangle) d w/arrow on top
8. displacement
9. (triangle) t
10. time interval/change in time
11. distance
12. time
13. conversion

Finding Displacement from Velocity and Time
1. delta d w/arrow on top= v(w/arrow on top) times delta t
2. v w/arrow
3. delta t
4. time intervals
5. uniform
6. v=d/t (w/all the arrows and "delta"s)

Position-Time Graphs
1. position
2. time
3. straight
4. linear

The Slope of a Position-Time Graph
1. vertical
2. horizontal
3. rise
4. run
5. rise
6. run
7. velocity

Positive and Negative Velocities
1. positive
2. negative
3. positive
4. right
5. left
6. magnitude
7. positive
8. negative

Instantaneous Velocity
1. straight
2. tangent
3. slope

Velocity-Time Graphs
1. time
2. velocity
3. straight
4. parallel
5. rising/positive
6. falling/negative
7. y ?
8. displacement
9. position
10. position

Relativity of Velocity
1. velocity
2. position
3. negative
4. positive
5. speed of light
6. equal/zero something of that sort
7. Einstein's

TADA! LOL. Okay so after that we got a few more sheets to work on. Don't forget that the one workbooklet is due tomorrow. Well yea my really bad summary of what was missed on the blog is done. And also, the next scribe will (not) be random. xD Thank you so much for volunteering when I asked you:


Cloud Strife
Hopefully this will get this blog back on track?
Well my job here is done...for now at least. Good night everyone and see you guys in class! (:
-pj (:

2 comments:

Снаѐ said...

Good job, kuya ^-^

Ms K said...

Thanks for picking up the slack.
Nov. 11 was Remembrance Day-no class.